Best CodePlex Project Ever.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I was able to add your Mega Drop Down menu to my custom Master Page and it worked out great. If anyone is interested on steps on how to add this beautiful and awesome menu to their custom masterpage, let me know. BTW I added an additional feature because I realized that, if someone accidently deletes the List (Mega Drop Down Menu), it breaks down the entire site. So I added a feature (OnListDelete) that will revert the menu back to default SharePoint menu rather than throwing error on users.
Thanks
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I would LOVE to know how to add this beautiful and awesome menu to a custom masterpage. Can you please share?
Thanks!
Jan 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Please, yes! I would also appreciate your sharing how you added the Mega Menu to your custom Master page!

Thank you!
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Edited Jan 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I already had a SharePoint project created. So in my feature event receiver, I created a list that will hold the Navigation items for the Mega-Drop down menu. I then added the images for the Menu into my styles library folder. Thereafter, I added the MegaDropDown.css file into my project and then referenced this file in my master page. An alternative route is copying the css from MegaDropDown.css into yourStyle.css file. In this case, you don't need to reference two different alternate css files in your project. Finally in my master page, I set the following properties to true;
UseSimpleRendering = "true". This will enable your top navigation menu to render the menu from a custom list or custom table created in your project.

Very Important !!!!
In your event receiver, always check the site on feature activated to make sure that this list exist. If it doesn't, then create it inside the event receiver. If you don't, this will break your site. In my case, I first check and if it doesn't exist it creates it and if there is still an error, it will deactivate the feature and revert to v4.master.

See Images below for preview. If you ARE a non programmer and need help installing this without using visual studio or powershell, let me and I will work you through it.
Marked as answer by SharePoint_Freak on 1/8/2014 at 8:40 AM
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Edited Jan 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I already had a SharePoint project created. So in my feature event receiver, I created a list that will hold the Navigation items for the Mega-Drop down menu. I then added the images for the Menu into my styles library folder. Thereafter, I added the MegaDropDown.css file into my project and then referenced this file in my master page. An alternative route is copying the css from MegaDropDown.css into yourStyle.css file. In this case, you don't need to reference two different alternate css files in your project. Finally in my master page, I set the following properties to true;
UseSimpleRendering = "true". This will enable your top navigation menu to render the menu from a custom list or custom table created in your project.

Very Important !!!!
In your event receiver, always check the site on feature activated to make sure that this list exist. If it doesn't, then create it inside the event receiver. If you don't, this will break your site. In my case, I first check and if it doesn't exist it creates it and if there is still an error, it will deactivate the feature and revert to v4.master.

See Images below for preview. If you ARE a non programmer and need help installing this without using visual studio or powershell, let me and I will work you through it.
Marked as answer by SharePoint_Freak on 1/8/2014 at 8:40 AM
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I am currently creating a version that is compatible with SharePoint 2013. I will post it on codeplex soon.
Jan 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM
SharePoint_Freak,

Thank you for the descriptions and cool screen copies. Would you be willing to share your Visual Studio 2010 / SP 2010 project?

Thanks
Jan 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM
SharePoint_Freak - I have everything working in IE10, but it seems my IE8 users aren't picking up my CSS changes. For the them, the page is still centered and not taking up 100% of the width. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Jan 9, 2014 at 3:31 PM
No problem. But since I didn't upload the original project for 'Mega Dropdown Menu', according to codeplex policy, I will have to sent the project to them so they can upload as a new version. There are the original project owners. I have a site where I sell these projects. It used to be free download but now, there is a little charge. If you need it immediately, you can get a pay version of the entire visual studio project on my site at:
Click here to download from my site
http://www.coteksystemsinc.com/apps/webstore/

Or just wait for the 'Mega Dropdown Menu' project owners to upload the new versions I created.

NB: The pay version has both 2010 and 2013 projects. They will be uploading the
Jan 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2014 at 4:01 PM
SPZulu68 - I ran into the same situation because some css classes from corev4.css was overriding the custom css from Mega Dropdown menu. I had to use IE developer tool (by pressing f12 on the keyboard) to find out which exact css classes was causing the problem. After recognizing the classes, I opened the MegaDropdown.css and add the '!important' clause for every attribute in that css class.
For example if I wanted to hide an item on the page, I will use the following css;

itemCssClass{

display:none !important;
}

That will override the original css class and remove the item on the page. After I did that, it worked for all browsers. Always make sure you use IE developer to recognize the particular css class causing the problem.
Feb 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Did anyone finish getting this to be compatible in SP 2013? We have used this for a lot of our clients and they love it. We are hoping to be able to use this in 2013 as well.